Monday 12 October 2009

Google & Other Thoughts

Having grown up with the internet - from Netscape to Yahoo to Google - I was curious how highly ranked my blog was when using Google Search:

Searching using the words "best mba blog ever" - resulted in the front page (second entry) - not bad........
Searching using "best mba blog" - not front page - in fact nowhere to be seen........
Using PageRank (Google's search algorithm based on links etc.) - a big fat zero. Not good.

Edit: Searching using "best mba blog" on google blog search - front page! encouraging!

I probably can do more to get my blog "out there" into the interweb - but unsure how. I currently leave the address in my signature while posting on various MBA-related forums and websites but that is pretty much it. Any experienced bloggers have any ideas? If you are currently reading this blog, how did you find it?

Talking about google search - here is a rather nifty blog I found called essay snark. If you are brave, send your business school essay in and have it reviewed (or in some cases destroyed) by an MBA admissions consultant for free. I can say with (some) degree of certainty that my essays are better than those currently posted on essay snark (!) - but still awaiting decision from various adcoms.

Fingers crossed.

BL


1 comment:

  1. BL, thanks for the shout-out.

    EssaySnark is confident that a keeper of the Possibly Best MBA Blog Ever would have most excellent essays to match. EssaySnark wishes you the best of luck with your bschool submissions!

    And EssaySnark is also open to submissions for other Brave Supplicants wishing to get their essays destr-- er, reviewed. Online. Anonymously. For free.

    ReplyDelete