Thursday 6 August 2009

Reminds me of my dissertation

Hey sorry haven't blogged for a while been busy with work plus essay writing! Just going to make this a short post. No matter which school you apply to, the essays are perhaps the most important part of your application. It's a great opportunity to put your personality down onto paper. You want to bring out your motivations for doing an MBA, what drives you, what you value and not simply list down a set of facts. (After all you submit a resume for this!)

Writing my essays so far (definitely not finished) has reminded me of my dissertation at Uni. Lets look at the similarities:

Research - reading MBA books, websites, blogs - to find out how to structure a good MBA essay and what qualities to bring out.

Brainstorming - thinking of good ideas and themes for the essays. What makes me unique?

Writing - translating these ideas and themes onto paper. Just like my dissertation, this is a lengthy process!

Review/Revisions - getting people that I know well to read them and offer criticism/suggestions. Refining my essays just like my dissertation.

Final product - hopefully something you are proud of!

Maybe once Ive finished and have more time, I will do a write up of my approach - and of course depending on my success.......to see if I get accepted or not! I would say don't underestimate the time it takes to write these essays, I have given myself 2 months!

1 comment:

  1. Hey you have an excellent blog. As you said coming up with an essay that makes you proud of needs loads of factors. And these factors should be followed dedicatedly. Thanks for providing your insights on drafting an excellent essay material. Looking forward to read more of your work.

    ReplyDelete